Monday, June 28, 2010

That's How You Know Today's A Good Day

The most amazing thing ever happened yesterday!!

I'm helping a "guest" in the checkout lane who is arguing over the price of a gazebo.  She wants it for almost $100 lower than the price listed and I say no.  So she yells at me, pushes the giant piece of lumber in a box into my face saying, "I'd catch that if I were you!!" and then storms off and out the door because our clearance price was not good enough for her... -typical response.
About 5 minutes later, she decides to come back inside in one great huff and sticks a finger in my face.
"I'm going to take a picture of that sign to show you how messed up your store is!"  She stomps off again.

Okay, at this point, I don't really care what she does.  She can even take a picture of my backside as long as she just goes away....  Not only do I have to find somewhere to put this 9ft top-heavy box sticking out of a cart and help everyone else in line, but I now have the lovely feeling of the impending doom awaiting whenever she decides to come back.

Finally, after sitting and twiddling my thumbs, biting my fingernail, and hopping up and down like a puppy when they know their favorite person ever is about to come home..... she appears.  She holds her finger above her head, wagging it furiously, and greets me with an, "I'm sorry."

I literally did a double-take! "Whaaa-?"

"I must have misinterpreted the sign.  I was in a hurry.  My mother sent me in last minute to get some things and you know how that is..."
I asked her if we could get the other one she's looking for, but apparently we're all out.
"I'm so sorry again.  Thanks for your help!  See ya later!"

She almost giggles in her own pride that she was able to be the bigger person about it and skips out of the store, probably forgetting exactly how angry she was with me not 15 minutes before when I thought her head was going to swivel around in its axis with glowing red eyes and shoot flames at me through her teeth.  Apparently now we're BFFs!  Look.... I made a new friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment