Thursday, July 1, 2010

Reading is Only Sometimes Necessary in Life








A woman calls me over to the register today to ask me a question: "I saw something on sale for $2.50, but I didn't like it.  So I went and picked up some Sprite instead.  Can I get the same price?"


I thought she was joking at first.  She looked to be about 34 years of age or so and at least semi-intelligent (which could have been my first mistake) so the possibility of her being able to read was one I thought she had in the bag.  Apparently I was wrong.

I said, "Wait... you want this product for the price of something else in a different part of the store?"

"Yeah, is that okay?"

"Haha!  Oh, uhm........No."

Seriously, lady?  What's wrong with you?

1 comment:

  1. haha. yeaaa.... I've had some ladt try to "bargin" the price with me like she was at some sort of flea market or gargae sale.

    ReplyDelete