Saturday, July 10, 2010

Why the Rush?

People are always in such a hurry.  I worked at Disney World a little while back and it's funny to watch people run from one side of the park to the other - jumping over people, shoving them aside, dragging their kids behind them - just to cut in front of one person in line.  They'd rush for 10 minutes just to wait in line for 40 minutes.  Dude, you're going to be waiting in line anyway so why do you need to hurry?

The same applies for shopping.  When women "go shopping," they either take their time and try on clothes and look at jewelry or they just come in for one or two things they happened to forget from the time before.  When families shop, they start off slow but then the kids get bored and start to goof off and that eventually turns into the mother yelling at the kids to stop screaming and throwing things and the father pretending he's not part of the family.  And men... Well, most men just don't "shop."

A woman was in a hurry yesterday to get to my store.  Not to buy groceries or to pick up some last minute item before work - to come to a clothing store.  As I am walking out at the end of my shift, a car breaks at the stop sign in front of the crosswalk to let people pass (myself included) and exit the store.  The car behind this one, however, did not like this idea.  So she decides to pass the stopped car by pulling into the oncoming lane and shove her way through the pedestrian crosswalk.  I am in the pedestrian crosswalk.  I am also the closest to her car.  I am also about hit by her car!  We're talkin' her barely braking less than 1 foot away from me and my frail little body.  I wanted to slam my hands down on her hood and yell, "I'm walkin' here!"  But I didn't know if that would be a bit much.

3 comments:

  1. what a great blog! Great writing and salacious delicious stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love that you created a retial blog!! Ahhh... the land of retail oh how I dont miss you.
    PS love the background and border!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it would have been a bit much at all. In fact, I probably would have broken out her headlight.

    ReplyDelete