Thursday, July 8, 2010

Pet Peeve #23: Changing your mind

Not many things in retail upset me - perhaps that's why I've stuck with it for so long.  But one of my biggest pet peeves has developed from working in retail: the inability for people to own up to the fact that they don't want something.  It seems like such an easy and simple thing... You don't want it, so put it back.  Don't just leave it on a shelf and hope someone else will pick up after you.

You think I don't see you, lady in the blue shirt.  You just so happened to pass me barely inches away and, without glancing back, throw some black shorts onto my shelf I was trying to fix.  As if I wouldn't notice!  Is it really so inconvenient to tell your cashier that you don't want something?  I mean, really - how hard is it to say 4 little words, "I changed my mind."
It's so much easier for us (who've probably helped you find and pick out the product to begin with) to deal with it immediately once you're done with it than to find it in the toy aisle or (more often than not) stuffed in with the condoms.

Lesson of the day - Stop leaving things stuffed inside a cooler just because you changed your mind.  It's annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment